This course is an introduction to the knowledge, skills and competencies that a line manager requires for performance management in the clinical research environment. It aims to increase participants’ understanding of the manager’s role and provides an opportunity to review and identify individual strengths and develop areas for improvement.
This practical course has trainer input, group exercises and delegate interaction.
• Define the role of a manager
• Distinguish between line management and functional management
• Summarise the major aspects of managing line teams, project teams and individuals
• Analyse your own individual management style and adapt it for different situations
• Identify the tools and techniques for managing individual performance
• Identify the contribution a manager can make to creating a high performing team